Google have been working in a variety of ways to help local businesses continue to trade. One such way they’re doing this is through the creation of Google My Business Support Links.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a one-stop-shop for businesses to manage their presence across Google. This includes (but is no means limited to) their entries on search results, contact details, map locations, photos and reviews. It’s free to manage and is an invaluable marketing tool, especially for small and local businesses.
What is a Google My Business Support Link?
A Google My Business Support Link allows customers to support your business online, even if they’re not able to currently come and visit you at your physical premises in the way they would normally. This is through 2 types of support links, which we detail below.
Types of Support Links
There are two types of Google My Business Support Links: donations links and gift card links.
Gift card links allow customers to do as is plainly indicated – purchase a gift card. Gift card links can link through to either a page on your website or to a supported gift card provider. The gift card bought can then be used at a later date by the customer in exchange for your goods or services to the value of the card.
Donation links link through to fundraising page provided by a supported supplier and allows customers to donate to your business without expecting a product or service in return.
The donations and purchases made through Google My Business Support Links can be a fantastic way to keep money coming in to your business, and to promote continued business growth by encouraging customer loyalty.
In order to install Google My Business Support Links, your business must fit the following criteria:
- Have been verified on Google My Business by 1st March 2020
- Must have a physical store presence
- Must be based or operating within a list of various countries – the UK is one of them
How to hold a Successful Google My Business Support Link Campaign
If you are eligible and believe that your business would benefit from launching Google My Business Support Links, now’s the time to get on with it! There are some ways to optimise your campaign’s reach, and we’d recommend the following:
- Use Google’s marketing tools to create posters and social media posts to promote your support links and drum up awareness and support from your community and customers
- Keep messaging positive, but honest. Let your customers know how much you’re looking forward to seeing them again and can’t wait to get back to business as usual!
- Stay focused and be specific! If you intend for gift cards to be used for a certain purpose or have a set idea for them, say so. If your donations are to be used toward funding something specific, state so. Explain why you need and value their support so much.
Google have again demonstrated their commitment to small businesses with the launch of Google My Business Support Links. For more info visit the Google Help Pages.
If you have not yet claimed and registered your Google My Business account, we suggest getting this done as soon as possible. This will allow your business to make use of Google support initiatives into the future. If you need support in getting this sorted, don’t hesitate to shout out to us at Woya!
Woya Digital is making business growth through digital marketing affordable for any business through our pay monthly marketing packages, with no upfront investment!